Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DAY 13

Location: Zeena
Surface Temperature: 200 Degrees Fahrenheit
Time: UNKNOWN

Overnight the temperature leveled. I cannot express how overjoyed I am at this change, for I am finally able to leave the capsule and be in fresh, not canned, air. It is very pleasing to me to be out here in the sand after those many days of heat. And it turns out not all the vegetation was subject to dying out under the sun's rays. I uncovered large patches of a green root beneath the sand, and after boiling it in water to remove any surface bacteria, I tried it. And you know what? It's not half bad. In fact, I have a feeling it will become a staple food. It has a slightly bitter taste, but other than that, tastes suspiciously similar to carrots. I will it Garrot, for green + carrot. Not very creative, I know, but I hastened to record it in my food journal. Ah well, upon my return to the home planet, I will rename it.

Also, have been entertaining self by reading excerpts of this Fantasy Story

No comments:

Post a Comment